Erie Mutual Legal Assist Program
ALL FARM AND COMMERCIAL POLICIES NOW INCLUDE LEGAL & HR ADVICE
(Free Of Charge)
- Available 24/7
- Convenient, timely and confidential telephone assistance
- Unlimited calls to experienced lawyers and HR consultants
- Discounted lawyer fees for most services
Advice available for most matters such as:
- LEGAL (business, civil litigation, criminal, employment, family, immigration, landlord/tenant, real estate, tax, wills & estates)
- IDENTITY THEFT (preventative tips, advice until identity is restored)
- HUMAN RESOURCES (contracts, employee issues/rights, other legal / labour issues, privacy law inquiries, trademarks)
Who is eligible to use the plan?
Current members with a farm or commercial policy, their spouses and any dependents under the age of 25 and living at home.
How do I access the plan?
At your convenience, simply call the toll-free number 1-844-953-3351. The customer assistance representative will ask you for:
- Your name
- Your Erie Mutual policy number
- The city wherein the legal matter is taking place
- The telephone number where you can be reached
- The times that a lawyer can reach you
- Whether or not a message can be left should you not be available
- The type of law wherein assistance is sought
The information obtained by the customer service representative will enable a lawyer to call you back during the time that you have requested to discuss the matter.
What services can I access?
Telephone Legal Advice is provided to you at no charge. Summary legal advice is general advice which may be preliminary to retaining a lawyer if required and does not extend to specific technical details.
Lawyer Referral is available if required with the option of also obtaining legal advice before referral or a direct referral without legal advice. You will be provided with the name, telephone and address of a lawyer in your area, it is your responsibility to contact the lawyer. Most referral lawyers provide a free 30-minute consultation, a discount of 25% on fees charged by the lawyer is available for most types of law (excluding Real Estate), given the account is paid within 30 days of receipt.
Is the service confidential?
Yes, absolutely! All discussion including advice or referral of a lawyer is protected by the solicitor-client privilege. Any information collected by the customer service representative is necessary and strictly confidential. Confidentiality is legislated by privacy statutes that are fully complied with by our provider, Sykes Assistance Services. There can be no disclosure without your written consent unless otherwise directed by rare situations by statute.
What are the hours of operation?
Our Legal Assist Plan is available 24/7 and call-backs from an advice lawyer are available from 8 am until midnight. Do not hesitate to request your callback after hours, on weekends or even on holidays.